Can you help us out? We have set a goal of creating 10 new communities over the next year. It costs $1500.00 to create, set up, and take online a new community. We trying something new for this ambitious project. A group of 10 Ben’s Friends Members and Friends spanning 3 generations are traveling to Glacier National Park This August for five active days to prove rare Disease Can’t stop - us not on Land or on Water and to raise money to build TEN new Ben’s Friends Communities. This group has committed to backpack, hike, “scooter” (for the mobility impaired) and paddle 500 miles. They have been preparing and training for over a year for this event. We may have a rare disease but the disease doesn’t have us! To raise the necessary funds for these new communities, we have a set up a go fund me campaign:
Heres how you can help:
- Share this fundraiser on your social media pages and ask your friends to share it. If you feel lead to do so, share the impact Your community has made on your life. It makes it real!
- Ask your friends and followers to share this event as well. The more we get the word out, the more impact this event can have for Rare Disease Patients worldwide.
- If you can participate. A penny a mile ($5.00) not only will add up, but it will also show your support for your fellow members. If you can’t, we understand - BOY do we understand.
- Follow our Progress through the trip and add your comments/support. It’s going to be tough. We’ll be posting updates when we can.
- Join us online for a live event near the end. Ben will be there along with several of our ModSupport team. Details will follow. Only 10 of us are doing the “physical” part. But this is truly an al member/all community event.
BTW the participants are getting there at their personal expense and a generous member is “outfitting” the trip. NO Ben’s Friends funds are being used. This is truly a crowd-sourced event.
Be sure look in the “News” for more details of exactly what the team will be up to. It will be coming soon!
Thank You In Advance for your participation